Here at Metal Core Collectibles we have a fairly laid back attitude towards what we allow and what we do not allow with STL files purchased from us, compared to that of many other studios. Below you will find a detailed breakdown with examples.
- You may use the file on your own machines and print as many copies as you would like for yourself, your local friends (same city), and your local Chapter gaming club (Can be a local game store where the terrain is stored and used, or various members of your club can hold the terrain and bring as needed to your games). You may ask the above mentioned people to chip in to help cover resin costs or even STL purchase costs. We do ask that you keep the files on your own personal computer and do not share those within the group even if they helped purchase the files as accountability is lost at that point.
- You may remix or edit the files as desired, even to the point of creating new units from our existing files and you may print those and use them in the same manner as the plot point above. We do however ask that you keep the remixed/edited files to your own computer and do not upload or share them on the internet as it will compromise the product despite the changes.
- You may rescale the files freely. Again we ask that you not upload the altered files.
- You are not permitted to resell the files for any reason.
- You are not permitted to sell the finished prints on a website such as Etsy, Ebay, etc. We understand it is tempting to try and make a few bucks on the side with your printer but doing so off the backs of other artists is not the way to do so.
- If you're unsure, email us! I enjoy the customer interaction process and I would be happy to help clarify as needed!
- You will retain your rights to redownload the files as often as you like for as long as our website exists and as long as your account remains in good standing. Fraudulent activities or situations where your account is deemed to be no longer in good faith will see your access to the files revoked.
Example: Jon has an Elegoo Mars 2 printer and is interested in printing some tanks for his Battletech GM. Jon buys a Sprinter Variant STL Pack to start. Jon prints 10 Sprinters and brings them to his next game. At the game he gives his GM the Sprinters to use against the group. Jon decides he also wants to give each player a Sprinter to take home. (This is within our terms). One of the players wants to offer Jon $5 to help cover the material costs used to print his Sprinter, Jon accepts the cash and plans to put it towards another bottle of resin to continue printing more Sprinters (This is within our terms). At the next game Jon has printed 20 Sprinters in total, at the end of the game he mentions that the Full Sprinter STL Bundle is available and he thinks it would be great to play with, and asks if the GM wants to chip in $10 for the files. He agrees and Jon uses the money to buy the upgrade (This is within our terms). A week later Jon's friend buys a 3d printer too, and asks if Jon can send him the files he contributed $5 to the week before. (This is not within our terms, Jon's friend is probably a good person but he hasn't agreed to our terms when it was Jon who purchased the files). Jon finally gets some time to paint up a whole company of freshly 3D printed tanks and it looks great. Excited, he shares pictures on Facebook and it gets a great reaction, a stranger from the group messages Jon and asks if he can print him a few tanks in exchange for some cash (This is not within our terms, even direct Facebook transactions like this that may seem harmless are still against our policies).
What You Can Expect From Us
A lot of effort is put into quality STL releases. Here at MCC I feel very strongly that the home printing experience should be as pain free and as rewarding as possible, and to this effect we strive to design files that are easy to use and turn out wonderfully every time. Below are some of the things you can expect from us when you purchase files from our site.
- Knowledge that these files are the very same ones I use for printing Shop Stock and thus have been printed potentially hundreds of times already.
- Files are provided in both Supported and Raw versions. Please note that I can’t guarantee that my support files will work on all printers and/or with any particular resin. I do have confidence in my supports but I simply cannot fully account for all the variables involved with different printers, resins, environmental factors and user practices.
- STL Updates and revisions as needed, our automated hosting software will notify you of any changes to the uploads and will give you notice that a new version is ready for download.
- Proper documentation included in each download that will help give you important information on how to achieve a great print
- MCC will assist in any help needed with the files themselves and the settings needed to achieve a great print. For GENERAL 3D printing help, we recommend you join our discord or any of the vendor specific 3d printing groups. We will unfortunately not be able to assist with basic printer operation or troubleshooting due to time constraints.
- Files are hosted exclusively on this site, allowing you to purchase and download the files directly without being routed to a 3rd party hosting platform.
- Download recovery and ease of access. If you misplace your confirmation email you can contact us and we can resend the download links as needed.
- Join the Metal Core Collectibles discord to tap into one of the most knowledgeable communities for 3D printing. We have many veteran members and fellow studios who specialise in printing who can give you a hand getting your machines in line.
STL Pack Upgrades
Our STL Packs come in two main flavours. “Variant” packs and “Full” packs;
- Variant Packs will feature a selection of specific variants but not the full selection of variants. These will be updated with any tweaks or changes made to those specific variants.
- Full Packs will include ALL variants for a given product. These will be updated with any tweaks or changes AND with any new variants that may be released for that product in the future at no extra cost.
If you’ve previously purchased a Variant Pack but decide you want access to all variants, you can purchase an Upgrade to the Full Pack. You will need to reach out to me and I will set up a custom order, charging the difference in cost between a single Variant Pack and the corresponding Full Pack.